Monday, September 2, 2013

What did I accomplish this summer?

At the beginning of the summer, I wrote a post about the goals I had this summer.  Here is a list of the things I said I wanted to do.

-paint 2 remaining bedrooms, closets, master bath and closet, laundry room and guest bath
-lay flooring in the 2 rooms mentioned above
-clean the grout in the hallway walk way
-re-caulk the guest tub
-make pillows for study couch
-hang curtains in the living room
-make some of those pintrest recipes I have been looking at :)
-hang bridal portrait
-learn new embroidery tricks/expand my abilities
-4 more bib/burp sets (that I know of right now... hopefully there will be more orders)
-make 2 dresses from patterns
-go to youth camp as a councilor
-go on vacation (Super excited!!!!!!)
-finish the Karen Kingsbury book I started last summer...
-I want to read Redeeming Love
-Maybe paint some more canvases

 Let's see how I did:  You can click on the pictures to take you to a post about the experience.

-paint 2 remaining bedrooms, closets, master bath and closet, laundry room and guest bath
     - I got everything painted except for the bathrooms and laundry room.  (that is more than it
       sounds)
 
-lay flooring in the 2 rooms mentioned above
     - We did one better... we finished ALL of the flooring in the house
 
-clean the grout in the hallway walk way
   - Didn't get to this one.  But hey, I was busy.
 
-re-caulk the guest tub
   - We didn't do the guest tub, but we did get the master shower done and it doesn't leak anymore. :)

 -make pillows for study couch
   - I will be making more of these!

 -hang curtains in the living room
    - It didn't happen until the end of the summer, but it did happen... sorry, no pictures :)
 

 -make some of those pintrest recipes I have been looking at :)
 
 

 -hang bridal portrait
   - Still hasn't happened yet.  But hopefully will soon.

 -learn new embroidery tricks/expand my abilities
    - I think I have improved.

 -4 more bib/burp sets (that I know of right now... hopefully there will be more orders)
    - I made a total of 8 different sets.  You can see them all in the sewing tab at the top of the blog. 
      Here is a sample.
 

 -make 2 dresses from patterns
   - I only got 1 dress made, but I have the material for dress 2 and 3.
 

-go to youth camp as a councilor
   - Youth Camp was awesome!

 -go on vacation (Super excited!!!!!!)
   - Disney World was such a blast!!

 -finish the Karen Kingsbury book I started last summer...
   - Nope, but I did start the Chronicles of Narnia. I'm on book 3.

-I want to read Redeeming Love
   - I finished the book at the very beginning of the summer.  Here are my thoughts on that....
 
-Maybe paint some more canvases
   - I did paint one, but the blog hasn't seen it yet.


What an awesome summer.  This summer was truly all about me.  I don't mean to sound so self-centered (but I know I'm coming across that way.)  What I mean is that I was able to do things on my time table.  I was able to do what I wanted because that is what I wanted to do.  I could be myself, be creative and even be a little lazy if I wanted to.  I spent many mornings cuddling with Paco and watching TV.  I spent a lot of time sewing. 

I also got to spend some very precious time with Bryan.  Because of his work schedule, our "weekends" were on Mondays and Tuesdays.  Bryan did a good job of being intentional with our time and we made some very special memories.  I am so lucky to have such a loving husband.  Happy Summer, here's to Fall 2013!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment