Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 6 and 7

Day 6 was a day I was sort of nervous about.  Remember how I said it was easier around other people, and being by myself was the harder part for cheating?  Well Bryan went to a men's retreat.  He had a ball, it was good that he went.  But I was nervous about being by myself with food that I can manipulate... I was afraid I would cheat.  I am very proud to say that I didn't.

For breakfast, I had my pill and Spark, and ate the rest of the ground turkey mix in with a scrambled egg and Picante sauce.  This was a winner.  I finally found a breakfast food that I enjoyed eating (only took 5 fails to find this one)  but the problem is that I can't easily duplicate it during the week because I don't have enough time in the morning.  Yes I know I could wake up 5 minutes earlier... but this whole cleanse is about finding what works for Bryan and I... and waking up earlier doesn't. :)

I snacked on an orange and banana during the day.  Ate some hummus, tomatoes and carrots for lunch and then would snack on the tomatoes as the day went on.

Bryan was in the mood for a steak when he got home from the retreat.  I pulled out a New York Strip from the freezer and we cooked that (yummy).  I was sure to cute out any pieces of fat, so I only ate the leanest parts of the steak.  I also cut my 1 strip into 3 pieces and only ate one of them.  It was the right size serving of meat.  We ate some whole grain pasta and a bag of steamed veggies with the meal.  I goggled a recipe for a clean salad dressing and came up with a balsamic vinegar dressing that I had all the ingredients on hand for. I read the directions wrong though (4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp of minced garlic) I put 4 tbsp olive oil and then 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar... before I saw my mistake.  It made it VERY strong, but I thought it was delicious.  Bryan thought it was too much.  The good thing about it is that I can easily make it 2 different ways and us both enjoy it. :)

Day 7 started off with the meat from the night before warmed up in scrambled eggs... what can I say?  I found a winner.  I added some onion, bell pepper, spinach and garlic.  Yummy!  With Bryan's work schedule we baked salmon for lunch after church.  We had our separate dinners and then the pills.

The biggest thing about day 7 was this was the day I decided to go all 24!  I placed my order for the max phase.  It is expensive, but Bryan and I decided it was worth it because it was what is working for me.  We financially also looked at the fact that we hadn't eaten out all week.  Yes, I bought a lot of groceries... but I usually do and then we go out to eat.  It will not be exactly the same amount, but it is a factor that allowed us to continue.

I am really grateful for all of the feed back I got.  I had lots of encouragement and even ideas to keep in my back pocket for after the 24 day challenge is over.  Yes, I do think it is possible for me to be successful with out Advocare; but Bryan and I decided that Advocare is providing the parameters for me to see the most results.  One of the biggest things that I have learned through this is that there are realistic healthy options.  Every meal does not have to include meat and sides of mac and cheese.  I think that I will get what I put into this experience... and right now, I'm willing to give it my best.  :)  Thanks for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment