Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Days 8, 9 and 10

Day 8 wasn't too exciting.  I hadn't seen any difference in my weight on day 4-8, but I do feel better than I did before.  It's hard to explain, I still feel tired but just don't seem to get tired as quickly.  I don't seem to notice being hungry very often, and when I am I eat a small portion and move on.  So far in the cleanse I have lost 2.5 lbs (and that was all on day 1-3) but remember that the first ten days are not designed to make you loose weight, they are to get your body prepared to digest food the way we are supposed to.  I'm still buying into this whole process.

I was feeling good about myself; Bryan went and weighed himself... he's lost 3 lbs.  That goober!  I love him so much.  If you know Bryan... you know he doesn't have 3 lbs to loose, he is doing this to support me and to be healthy.  I just had to laugh... me feeling like I have worked so hard (and I have) and he has lost more.  That cartoon commercial of the woman loosing weight in the boobs and the man dropping 6 pant sizes came to mind when this all played out the other night.

Day 9 started with a success! I caught up to Bryan.  I officially was at 3.1 lbs weight loss.  I realized that Bryan and I together have lost the weight of our dog, Paco!  :)



 I woke up late though and was exhausted--I'm not really sure why.  I was sort of dragging most of the day.  I'm tired of eating nuts and I'm tired of eating hummus.  We made beans and rice for dinner with some chicken tossed in.  That was really yummy, and really easy to through together because we already had cooked chicken and cooked rice that needed to be warmed up.  Through some beans in... and here we go!

Bryan and I really had a heart to heart, and he wasn't impressed with the experience.  I am still grateful that he did it with me.  He made it all the way through, but he didn't feel a difference in his energy level and he was hungry most of the time.

Day 10 finally arrived and we were pleased to complete it!  I finished those nasty fiber drinks and only got sick that first day.  It does get better--kinda.  I can proudly say that I made it to day 10 without cheating!! (I didn't expect to be able to say that).

We did come to have a favorite recipe through this, and I just wanted to share:

Turkey Taco (Salad)


We would browned the turkey and then added a can of Rotel to the meat... no seasoning.  It was delicious!  I would eat it on a bed of spring mixed lettuces with tomatoes, carrots, picante sauce.  Delicious!  Tonight I realized I had an Alvarado that was getting close to it's end date, so I mashed it up with a little lemon juice and salt and added that on top.  It was almost like having sour cream and guacamole - super creamy!  Bryan would stick his in the (cardboard) tortilla and enjoyed that.    This might have been my favorite meal from the whole cleanse.


Tomorrow I start the "Max Phase"  there is a significant increase in the number of pills and remembering to take your pills....  we'll see how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment