Sunday, September 15, 2013

Prep for d-day

So in getting ready for our 10 day Advocare cleanse, I spent Saturday afternoon shopping.  I couldn't help but laugh, I was in the fruit and veggie section much longer than normal.


I bought just about everything:
  • Apples
  • Grapes
  • Bananas
  • Mangos
  • Peaches
  • Plums
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Blackberries
  • Oranges
  • Clementines
  • Mixed greens
  • Tomatoes
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Radishes
  • Avacodoes 
  • Cucumbers
  • Bell peppers
  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Jalapeños
  • Green onions
  • Fresh salsa (or at least the things to make yummy fresh salsa) 


I also picked up some hummus, quinoa, brown rice and whole wheat bread, tortillas and pasta. 

The middle shelf that goes straight across is all vegetables and was bought today.  The bottom draws are fruits and veggies. 



In case you can't tell, I am really hoping that this works.  We are willing to put in the effort to get the turn out.  My shopping trip cost me $185 and I only got things for the cleanse.  But to be honest, that is about how much I would spend on a normal shopping trip and I got all of the supplies to make the next 10 days worth of food.  We might have to restock on some if we go through them too fast, but overall, we're covered.  And we wont be eating out either.

Today I spent time prepping everything so that it is easy to go.  I know that if you don't wash fruits and veggies until you are ready to eat they usually last longer, however, ain't nobody got time for that!  And we are eating A LOT of the fruits and veggies.  This way (hopefully) with a little planning we can just grab and go. 



I have taken my measurements, weighed myself, and taken the "before" pictures. However... I want to see results before I post those pictures... If you know what I mean, :) but here is proof that I did take the pictures!!  I have been weighing myself throughout the week... And I have to say that my weight has fluctuated so much... I'm not sure what to think.  Weighing myself around the same time everyday and not changing my diet or excercise, my weight has had a 7 lb range... 


I think we're all ready for tomorrow :)



No comments:

Post a Comment