Thursday, June 6, 2013

Before Summer Begins

So the kids are out of school for the year.  We have one more teacher work day tomorrow and then Senior Graduation on Saturday.  As I walked in my house this afternoon... I'm thinking to myself... What am I going to do now?

I feel like before that, I want to look at everything I have done so far over the school year.  This school year was a trying one, but  wouldn't trade it for the world!  I had some real knuckle heads, but I also had so really special kiddos that are going to go out and do big things in this world.  And I got to be a part of their lives for at least 187 days. 

We have been so blessed to be a part of a church in our area that really loves the Lord and reaches out to meet the needs of community.  Our small group has been a HUGE part of our lives and we are better because of the fellowship we have there.  It is so neat how our church has taken us in, loved on us and then sends us out weekly to love on others. 

Here are some of the things Bryan and I have done this past year.

I made a dress back in September and we went to a beautiful wedding Denver.
 
We also got our first nephew in the family... and boy... do we love him!!

 
 
In October we bought our first house and started the process of "bringing it up to our standards."

 
 
We did have the best halloween costumes!
 
 
 
 
 After we moved into the house... I started hitting the puppy idea really hard!  Bryan caved in November, and we brought Paco into our family.





 Cleaning the house was a really big deal but we got it done (Before Paco)







 We started flooring and painting the house as soon as we moved in.




 
 
My sister graduated from college in Dec!  We went on a family cruise at the beginning of January.  I missed the first week back from the break... and it was awesome!  Sorry that I never posted pictures...
 

Erin helped me upgrade a bookcase for our living room.  I sure do like having her around!


To be honest... I cannot for the life of me remember what happened in February...  I guess I'm getting old!

Spring break was super busy!  Bryan took me on a little get away to the Woodlands!  It was awesome!



I really started to get super crafty around spring break.  I made several things....


 I pulled out that sewing machine and got it up and running.  The corner of my kitchen hasn't been the same since....






 
We also finished the first guest bedroom, and just in the nick of time... cause we had a house guest move in with us March 23rd.
 
 
 
 
At the start of April, I made a dress for me to wear to the prom.

 
We also got pictures made in the BlueBonnets!  We love our Texas Pride!

 
We got a desk for $20 and refinished it to go in our study. We also upgraded a small cabnet to serve as a TV stand and changed out the front door locks. 
 
 






I started getting really good at these Bib and Burp Cloth Sets and started making them as gifts and to sell.  Starting in mid-April, I had 4 baby showers, a bridal shower and a birthday part all in about a 6 week time period (one weekend was the bridal shower, baby shower #4 and the birthday party)  Wow!
  Birthday Gift. :)
 













 
 
 
 
So what does all of this mean?  That I am incredibly blessed! It has been busy year, but I grateful for every minute of it.  My husband has been so supportive of everything I've done and he has been really helpful with them too. 
 
I'm not sure what to expect out of this summer, but if it is anything like the year was... it's gonna be a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment