Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A few days later...

So tomorrow is the start of day 18 of 24.  Sorry that I have been MIA since day 12, but it was the middle of the school week.  It also didn't go as I envisioned either.

I stuck to the diet, following all of the rules that were outlined before me!  I tried to substitute some of the fruits that I was eating on the cleanse with more veggies as we were directed.  I didn't miss any of the pills (that I know of).  And most importantly, I didn't cheat.  I could have, but I didn't.  Sunday we even went to lunch with Bryan's family at Gringo's (Mexican food is my favorite) and I ordered a chicken salad.  I was so good... I even sent the salad back when it came out with the chicken in a mayo sauce.   I mean if I'm gonna cheat, it's not going to be on the chicken salad at a Mexican Restaurant.

However, everyday on the scale, I was seeing a different story.  For days 13, 14, and 15 I woke up weighing the exact same amount and then on day 16 I had gained 1/2 lb.  Talk about feeling defeated, I mean if I am going to gain weight, I might as well eat Mexican food!  I was ready to quit!!!!

I did spend some time praying about it and talking it through with my Savior.  He helped me see and understand that my main goal should be about being healthy, not some number on a scale.  Overall, my clothes are back to fitting better, I am sleeping like a rock, and I am making choices to the betterment of my body.  I am (trying) to practice self-control.  (The fruit of the Spirit's not an Apple... the Fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness and Self-Control... that became my prayer when I would get frustrated)  I have also felt a small amount of hunger throughout this.  It has made me aware of a feeling I don't like... and I only have to experience it because of a 24 day program.  There are people in the world that feel this everyday.

That is perspective.

And in coming to these conclusions, I am proud to say that at the beginning of day 17, I am down a total of 6.8 lbs.  I not only lost that 1/2 a lb I gained the day before, I am lower than I have been so far on this journey.

Tomorrow morning, if I wake up and the scale is off again... I will be okay.  I know my Jesus loves me and is proud of me! :)





I do want to send a shout out to those of you who have been so encouraging!  I have had a ton of Facebook and text messages, phone calls and pats on the back.  Thank you for being so supportive.  It truly does mean so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment