Monday, October 20, 2014

Projects from the summer








***So I realize that it's October... but here is a post that I never got around to publishing.***
 
 
Here are some projects from the summer that don't include things to do with Abigail (or at least mostly).
 
At the start of the summer I made a list of different projects that I knew I needed to do or wanted to do.  I knew this would be the last summer that was "mine" for... possibly ever.  Last summer I made a to-do list and really got a lot done.  I was hoping to do the same again.  Here are some of the projects that I did throughout the summer.  I didn't get to all of them, and some of these were added mid-summer for friends or customers, but here they are.
 
This was the Father's day present to my dad.  :)
 
 
My MIL asked me to put everyone's names on their stockings last Christmas... I figured I might should get this done now as opposed to wait.  I have a feeling putting names on stockings while rocking a new born might or might not be what I want to do in November.
 
 
This was a onesie dress that I made up for baby Claire.  I saw something similar on Pintrest but didn't like their tutorial, so I made this up as I went.  It does have some work needed on the design to really make it functional, but it turned out so cute!
 
 
A co-worker from school asked me to make 2 bibs for a friend.  Here is how they turned out.  :)
 

 
Another co-worker needed a graduation present for her nephew.  Here is a monogramed towel.
 
 
This one might have been one of my favorites and one of the most challenging.  This was for Eli, my neighbor on his birthday.  He had an awesome train party and he was the conductor!  The reason this project was so challenging was because of the process of making it.  I won't bore you with the details, but if you know anything about embroidering, I had to move the hoop.  Having 2 designs on one shirt is stressful for someone who is showing OCD tendencies in their sewing/crafting.  I do love how it turned out though! 
 
These baby shoes were also for my neighbor to give as a gift.  They turned out precious!

 
Over all... not too shabby of a summer.  I wish I could have done more, but if I'm honest with you... I slept most of the summer!  I'm getting ready to head back to school and the excitement is building!

No comments:

Post a Comment