Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cinnamon Bread

I followed this recipe to bake some Cinnamon Bread this weekend, and it sure was yummy!


Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar (I used splenda here)
2 eggs
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cup sugar (I used real sugar here)
2 TBS cinnamon
 
Preheat the oven to 350.  Prepare 2 bread pans with Pam. (I used a metal and glass one and they seemed to cook the same)
 
Mix butter, sugar and eggs well.  Add milk and lemon juice and allow the batter to become "smooth."  Add the flour and baking soda, it will become "doughy"
 
Mix the 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
 
Put a little more than half of the cinnamon sugar mixture in the bottom of the bread pans and then add about 1/4 of the batter to each pan.  Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar to it and then add the rest of the batter. 
 
Bake on 350 for 50 minutes and then allow 20 minutes to cool in the pan. 
 
 
The recipe is supposed to freeze well, but we ate the first loaf immediately.  The second loaf is going to some friends that just had a baby. :)   I really liked that the ingredients aren't too crazy, it was all something that I had on hand. Next time I am thinking about baking the second loaf in a muffin tin to make them easy to grab-n-go!


No comments:

Post a Comment