Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The new sewing machine.... Looks like trouble!

So about a month ago, I bought a sewing machine that also can embroider.  Pintrest has really gotten to me, what can I say?  I'm addicted!  I was looking at the many different projects that were pinned and thought to myself "Hey, I can do that... if I had the right tools."  So go figure, I went and got them. 

I am not exactly sure what I was expecting, but when the box showed up on my doorstep... it didn't go as planned.  The box was really cool... but I expected to open it and it already be set up, threaded and everything.  Guess what, it wasn't!


So then I started to task of trying to set it up.  Luckily I knew what a bobbin was, but other than that I was clueless.  It was quite entertaining.  I spent too long of an amount of time trying to assemble this new toy.

Eventually I got smart and moved from the floor to the table.  There was a dvd guide too that walked me through step by step on how to set it up.  Let's just say I watched it a few times.  


Now I wanted to play.  I started messing around with my machine, and while it wasn't centered or really even that good, I sure was proud.  I have figured out some of the few basic things, and have found wonderful women in our church that sew a lot and helped me "learn the lingo." 





My first real project was something for Bryan.  He wanted a cover for his new golf pull cart (I get a toy... he gets a toy).  But I didn't want it to be too plain, so I made it WAY more complicated than it should have been.  Here it is...



My next project was this purse.  Again, the project is from Pintrest.  The patteren and set by step instructions can be found here:  www.made-by-rae.com.  It turned out smaller than I had hoped for.  I think I am going to do it again and work on making it larger.  We'll see...


I am not sure how well things will turn out, but I am excited about the potential.  Who knows, maybe God can use this in some really cool way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment