I am not exactly sure what I was expecting, but when the box showed up on my doorstep... it didn't go as planned. The box was really cool... but I expected to open it and it already be set up, threaded and everything. Guess what, it wasn't!
So then I started to task of trying to set it up. Luckily I knew what a bobbin was, but other than that I was clueless. It was quite entertaining. I spent too long of an amount of time trying to assemble this new toy.
Eventually I got smart and moved from the floor to the table. There was a dvd guide too that walked me through step by step on how to set it up. Let's just say I watched it a few times.
Now I wanted to play. I started messing around with my machine, and while it wasn't centered or really even that good, I sure was proud. I have figured out some of the few basic things, and have found wonderful women in our church that sew a lot and helped me "learn the lingo."
My next project was this purse. Again, the project is from Pintrest. The patteren and set by step instructions can be found here: www.made-by-rae.com. It turned out smaller than I had hoped for. I think I am going to do it again and work on making it larger. We'll see...