Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chicken Noodle Soup

Poor Abigail has been under the weather for almost a week and today Bryan came home sick from work. I decided to take matters into my own hands and make some home made Chicken Noodle Soup. 

If I'm being honest, this is probably the first time I've cooked since we got pregnant. (I'm a terrible pregnant lady!) I googled the ingredients after church and stopped to grab what we needed (which was all of it... cause again, I'm bad at pregnancy!) 

This went into the pot first:
1 chopped celery 
1 chopped onion
1 pre-shredded bag of carrots
1 splash of olive oil and Tony's


I started to sauté these while shredding the rotisserie chicken


Once finished, I dumped the chicken in the pot along with:
2 boxes of chicken broth
1 box vegatable broth
1 box worth of water
1 pack of ranch seasoning 
1 pack of egg noodles
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and Tony's to taste 


After that, I brought it to a boil and then turned it down to a simmer. 

It was a hit, and we now have soup for days! Maybe the weather will now cooperate... who knows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment