Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pound cake... The way Great-Gramma Nancy made it

I had some free time on my hands today, and noticed I had some sour cream getting close to the sell by date... Maybe I should use the things I buy... Go figure.

I decided to make a pound cake and found my great grandmothers recipe dating back to 1968.

1 cup soften butter
2 3/4 cup sugar
6 eggs
3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream butter and sugar until light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each. Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream. Add vanilla. Pour into greased and floured pan. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes (or until done) at 350. Stand pan on rack for 5 minutes before removing to plate.


I took the liberty to add some icing one the top (powdered sugar and milk)







1 comment:

  1. I made a pound cake on Sunday for the exact same reason! I had sour cream about to go bad! Great minds think alike! Your looks beautiful. Mine stuck to the pan!

    ReplyDelete