Saturday, April 27, 2013

Crockpot Lasagna

I found a recipe on Pinterest (what a surprise) that I had been wanting to try. I finally decided today was the day.

Crock pot lasagna:
Spaghetti sauce (however you like to make it. I used 1 lb of meat,
1 spaghetti mix, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 can diced tomatoes, 3 cups v8 juice--you want it extra runny, basil, parsley, thyme, and garlic salt to taste.)

Spray your crock pot (I used a liner in mine for easier clean up, but I still sprayed it with Pam)

Put a layer of sauce on the bottom

Put non-cooked lasagna noodles for the second layer (I broke mine to make it fit better)

Put a mixture of cottage cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese layer down next.

Repeat 3 times

Top with mozzarella cheese on top.


The blog I got the recipe from said to put it in the crock pot on low for 4 hours. Or that she will start it before she goes to work on high and the turn it down to warm for all day. I put it on low for 2 hours
and then changed it to warm for the remaining 4 hours (because of my timing... Start at noon, eat at 6)


Serve with none other than garlic bread! And enjoy!!  It is so yummy!!

1 comment:

  1. What I'd like to know is, do those liners really work? I'm afraid that I'd rip it or they just wouldn't hold up well.

    ReplyDelete