Saturday, November 7, 2015

A 12 Month Overview

So this is a post that I started about 13 months ago.  I realized when Abigail was a few days old that I was going to forget some of the special moments that were passing by so quickly.  I haven't made a baby book for Abigail, I am using this blog as a way to document her milestones instead.  Whenever we had something exciting happen or even just something new I would pull my phone and record it.

Abigail, this is for you baby girl.  You are dearly loved!


During Month One:
- I eat every 2-3 hours
- I didn't get a pacifier until the very end of the month!
- I have very baggy clothing, wearing size newborn
- I lose my headbands because they are too big
- Mama can't keep a sock on me to save her life!
- I had 2 sleepovers with Mama and Aunt Erin
- I started to pick my head up for a second or two
- I started being able to grip things with my little hands
- I got 4 manicures cause my nails grew so fast
- I started looking around to see things
- I wrapped Daddy tightly around my finger
- I went on my first shopping trip with baby Hannah
- I went to small group once
- I broke in the car seat by puking all over it


During Month two
- I got 4 nights of 5 hours of sleep
- I spent Halloween at the church's fall festival... I was Nemo
- I spent many days on the couch cuddling with Mama
- I am getting a stronger grip
- I do not like tummy time
- I love my play gym, it is fun to look at all the fish
- I am getting better at nursing 
- I am still wearing newborn clothes... But probably not for much longer 
- I spent some one on one time with Daddy
- I went to Ms. Lisa's for the first time
- 21 3/4 inches long, 8 lbs. 7 oz. at the end of the month (17th percentile height, 1st percentile weight... we have some work to do)


During Month Three
- I started sleep training.  First night and first day of naps went well.  I put herself to sleep each time.
- 1st weight check (week 9-11) gain 12.5 oz.
- I grabbed my feet for the first time
- I still hate tummy time
- I am starting to hold my head up on my own
- I took pictures with Santa 
- I took our first family photos with Aunt Jessica
- I have LOTS of Christmas outfits
- I spent thanksgiving at Grammy and Papa's
- I slept 7 1/2 hours one night
- I slept 3-4 the next
- I had first real blow out of diapers.
- My newborn cloths still fit, but starting to get snug
- Dad snuck a small bite of strawberry smoothie in. I'm not sure what I thought of it. Mama kind of freaked out!
- I took my picture in dad's Santa outfit for Grammy
- I did not like the one time when Mama ate broccoli
- I am really weird on the bottle. Sometimes drinking 2 oz, sometimes 5 1/2. Starting to nurse closer to 30 minutes instead of taking an entire hour 
- I am taking naps in my crib
- I love my swing. 
- Mama is taking lots of snuggles
- I took a trip up to Clear Falls
- I have started to blow bubbles/drool
- We started a family tradition, and slept under the Christmas tree
- I ended the month weighing 9 lbs 13.5 oz


During Month Four:
- I sat in the bumbo for the first time... Made it about a minute before screaming.
- I (finally)started wearing size one diapers 
- I went to the zoo lights with the Harris' and got home about midnight. Nursed and got ready for bed by 1:00 and Mama woke me up the next morning at 9:15
- I had a great 5 day Christmas extravaganza
- Daddy made me my bow board as part of my Christmas present.  I got TONS of presents from people that love me. 
- I nailed the Christmas Hazzard cousin picture!
- I met all of my living great grandparents
- My newborn clothes still fit, but it's tight over my big ol' head. 
- I am sleeping a steady 6-8 hours
- Mama went back to work with a few tears and lots of joy. I spent Monday and Tuesday with Dad and then Wednesday-Friday at Ms. Lisa's house. 
- The week Mom went back I started surprising them by waking up 6-8 times in the night just cause I needed my passie. Then I went back to sleep, it's hard being me. 
- I took the first picture of me holding my head up (looking at the camera) and not screaming my head off (don't worry that happened 2 seconds after the picture was taken) 
- I started using teethers. No teeth yet, but Mama thinks we're getting close 
- Daddy lowered the pack n play. I seem to be sleeping better at night because of it. 
- I accidentally rolled from tummy to back during tummy time.


During Month Five:
- I am loving time at Ms. Lisa's 
- I rolled over from tummy to back all by myself 
- I am waking up multiple times during the night needing my passie and then going right back to sleep... Mama and Daddy love this 
- I like to sit in the bumbo 
- I am starting to sit in the walker/jumper even though her feet barely touch the ground... short kid probs! 
- Mama got sick and couldn't hold me for 2 days 
- Memaw and pawpaw went on a cruise--without me!
- I still don't have any teeth, but lots of drool
- I am starting to "talk" to Mama and Daddy often 
- I am starting to try and hold the bottle myself 
- I went to the nursery for the first time, Mrs. Kelly was my bud!
- I will mumble for a second and then blow raspberries 
- Ms. Lisa got sick so Memaw came down to babysit me during the week.


During Month Six:
- I am becoming more talkative, lots of raspberries and cooing
- I am starting to get a little clingy
- I attempted first night in my room... I lasted until 11:00 that night. Still not sleeping through the night.
- I will roll from tummy to back--no more tummy time! (2 weeks)
- I stared sleeping unswaddled and tried the "cry yourself to sleep" method. It seems to be working!
- I started rolling from tummy to back to tummy.  Started skooting around on my mats and blankets
- I had my first fever... Connected to teething. 
- I got to drink out of moms water glass 
- I went to the rodeo
- I got my 6 month shots on my last day as a 5 month old



During Month Seven:
- I got to try rice cereal. (Not sure if I actually swallowed any of it)
- I started grunting when trying to pass gas/make a dirty diaper
- I can sit up on my own for a few seconds at a time
- I ate spinach as first food and I actually swallowed some of it :)
- I tried carrots and didn't like them, it took a while to enjoy them
- I pooped all over Mama, luckily Daddy was there to help! 
- I have started to reach for things 
- I am eating in my high chair
- I love to be held and I like to stand on my feet
- I have figured out how to put my passie back in my mouth... And out and in and out and in... All while screaming cause my passie is gone 
- I have slept a few nights in my crib, but Daddy didn't sleep well while I was in there.
- Mama played hooky from school one day and we went to the zoo as a family. It was a blast! I slept most of the time but I am told it was hot. 
- I ate squash and green beans too.
- Ms. Lisa had surgery and I spent a day with Nathan and Ms. Denise one day and Memaw came down to play with me that week too. 
--I love my jumper and piano



During Month Eight:
- I went to Hannah Harris' 1st birthday party, she twinkled like a star! 
- I grunt when I poop
- I still don't have any teeth visible, but my top gums feel like they are really close 
- I am not where you left me when you put me down 
- I started to babble "bababa"
- When I hear music I start rocking back and forth
- I am starting to master the army crawl. 
- I am still in size 2 diapers
- I FINALLY outgrew size 0-3 month cloths
- Mama has labeled, boxed, and pack all of the newborn and 0-3 clothes! That's a bunch!!
- I can wear 3 month onesies/clothes but the 3 month pj's are too small... In the feet! 
- I was dedicated at church, we had a big party at the house 
- I am eating new foods: zucchini, asparagus, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pears, spinach and banana, roasted zucchini, 
- I am loving the classics: spinach, squash, carrots, green beans
- I love Sophie and Ellie, my teethers
- I sleep in my crib through the night, if I wake up, I put myself back to sleep. 
- I recognize two words: Abigail and Paco. I will look at you when you say Abigail, and I will look for Paco when you say Paco
- I am working on signing "MORE", "EAT" and "FINISH" (all done)
- I went to the silent dinner at baybrook, I was the cutest signer there! 
- I can sit up on my own or play on my tummy/back, but I haven't figured out how sit up on my own or how to go from sitting to crawling.


During Month Nine::
- I have started waving at people. I will wave to someone across the room when they wave at me 
- I enjoyed Memorial Day with Mama and Daddy! 
- I am getting to where I am going faster  
- My favorite food is cauliflower (with a little salt) I'll eat that all day! 
- The new foods: apples, cauliflower, green peas, smashed banana 
- I don't like fruits
- My first tooth finally broke through! My bottom left front tooth
- I said my first word: "dada"
- I also say "ra-ra" (whoever that is) :)
- Mama brought out baby jail and finally baby proofed the house
- I survived my first tropical storm, Bill
- Mama finished school and I get to spend all my days with her. I miss ms. Lisa! 
- I like not only being read to, but my favorite book is "Where is the baby?" I like looking around the 3rd flap of the page to find them.


 During Month Ten:
- My new foods: red cabbage
- My favorite foods: cauliflower, sweet potato
- My gross food list: green peas 
- I am working on recognizing the words: dada (I can say this one too), mama, night-night, and no
- I love reading and signing books, I can turn the page myself! 
- I can't sign them yet, but I'm working on: MORE, WATER, MAMA, DADA, BOOK, SLEEP, AGAIN 
- I figured out how to drink from a sippy cup
- I am saying "dadada" "rararara" "papapapa" "fafafafa" "duckaduckaduckaducka" "oboyoboyboyoboy"
- I had an 8 day constipation run, ending in a tiny turd pellet before erupting in the car seat and all over my bitty baby! Whoops! 
- I had my first ear infection in my left ear.  Had to go to the doctor and get amoxicilion
- I went from crawling to sitting up
- I really enjoy throwing things on the ground and making Mama and Daddy pick them up.  I think they are tired of this new skill... but little do they know, it is just the beginning!

During Month Eleven:
- I signed MORE for the first time. :) 
- I love playing with my toys. 
- I enjoy standing by the couch
- I am supervising Mama and Daddy with their refinishing projects
- I officially have 6 teeth
- I went on my first plane ride--I was a champion flyer!
- I got my first bath in the big girl tub
- I got my first shower in the hotel shower... cause Mama didn't know what else to do.
- I ate store bought food, it was yummy.
- I clap my hands when you sing "If you're happy and you know it"
- I will talk to myself
- When I'm upset, I don't really want my passie to calm down.
- I sign MORE when I'm eating... I don't always want more, but I will clap when Mama say's "more"


During Month Twelve:
- I love to sign MORE
- I'm still army crawling all over, but I'll get up on my hands and knees to look around
- Daddy lowered my crib to the lowest setting
- I'm sitting up on my own
- I'm pulling up on things
- Mama started back to work, it was a great summer, but I love my Sessa
- I hiss at things when I'm having a good time. 
- I love to make different facial expressions 
- I will say dada, yaya, lacka-lacks-lacka, lalalala, dat (with pointing my finger) 
- I have recently discovered this thing called a ceiling. I'll point to it and say "dat"
- I am signing MORE, and working on DOWN, ALL DONE, WATER, EAT.
- I don't like getting my diaper changed
- I love to read, sign, and play.
- I like for Mama and Daddy to be close by.


What an amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment