Another Pintrest recipe for tonight's dinner:
This is a Tex-Mex Casserole that was very yummy!
1 can 10.75 ounce Campbell's Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 can 10.75 ounce Campbell's Healthy Request Tomato Soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1 lb ground turkey (you could use beef, but really you don't need to--you can't tell a difference)
1 can Rotel Mild tomatoes
1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 can Sweet Corn, drained
2 cups cooked penne pasta (the original said to use whole wheat... but I used what I had)
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Tony's and garlic salt to taste.
1 bag casserole cheese (you could use cheddar too)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray some Pam into a 13 x 9 baking dish and set aside.
- Brown you turkey meat, chopped onion and garlic
- Boil pasta and drain.
- In a bowl, whisk together tomato soup and 1/2 cup of water. When mixed well, add to bowl of
pasta and stir to coat the pasta.
- When the meat is cooked, rinse and add the cheddar cheese soup, Rotel, chili powder, cumin, salt,
pepper, Tony's and garlic salt.
- Rinse black beans and corn and place in a bowl (I rinsed out the bowl I used for the tomato soup
and use that) add 1 tsp of chili powder and stir.
- In you already greased pan, place the pasta in the bottom, the meat combination next, the add the
corn and beans and then top with some shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve (careful... it's hot!)