Friday, March 29, 2013

What did I do over spring break? I wish I could tell you... here's the first half

So before Spring Break began, I made a list of things that I wanted to accomplish during the week. I didn't want to get to the end of Spring Break and wonder what I did with my time. 

These are just a few of the projects that I started and finished during my time off.

Friday night we taped...


 
If you look close, you can see the dirt on the wall from the previous owner....





 


I started Saturday by needing some free (suckers) manual labor. And who do I think of? My family. They came down on Saturday and we primed the hallway, and then painted it and a bedroom--including it's closet.




  


 

 

 My Dad's job was to dog sit.  Do you know how hard it is to paint with 2 dogs (Paco and Bella) running around trying to lick paint off the walls?   He did a great job at it.  In the afternoon, I think the idea of wasting the beautiful day inside got to him.  He went and edged the front yard! It looked SOOOO much better than when I tried to do it (I can't walk in a straight line).

When Bryan got home, we also mulched the front yard!  Thanks Mama, Dad and Erin!  It was a great day!  Day one of Spring Break: prime hallway, paint guest bedroom, prime closet, paint hallway, mulch front yard, edge front yard.  Not too bad! 




Bryan was supposed to have Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off, so we scheduled a fun little get away... mainly because we could.  We went up to the Woodland's Market Street.  We enjoyed the beautiful weather window shopping and saw the OZ movie.  It was a blast!  We left Sunday after church and lunch with the Hazzard's and then came back on Monday.




Monday evening, Bryan ended up having to go into work to cover a shift.  But we had already planned to rip up carpet.  Marc and Lori were very gracious, and volunteered to come help me rip up the carpet in the freshly painted bedroom.  We got the room prepped and ready to go for later in the week.


And this is all just Saturday - Monday.

Tuesday morning, Bryan went golfing with his brother, Travis.  I didn't waste any time.  I spent the morning crafting.  Thank you pintrest!  I found the idea here.  It wasn't a tutorial, but it explained how she did it and the tools that she used. 

This was a blast to make, and really... pretty easy.  It could be done using any color combination. 



The 8223 was for my parents.  They were closing on their new house at the end of the week, and I wanted to have a (couple of) housewarming gift.


I also got started on refinishing a desk.  That project has been a lot of work, but very enjoyable.  It also isn't finished yet.  Be looking for a blog about it soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment