Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Chicken Pasta Dish

While out on maternity leave, I finally have some time to cook again. I was not a huge cook to begin with, but Chick-fil-A did most of the cooking while I was pregnant. But now that I can tolerate the stove again, we are trying some new things out. It's weird... Bryan and Abigail want to eat EVERYDAY! Can you believe it? 

I found this recipe on Pinterest (shocking!) but once I got started, I realized I didn't have everything in hand that I needed so I kinda made it up! 

Ingredients:
3  chicken breast cubed
1 box penne pasta
3 cloves minced garlic
2 cans drained Rotel
1 pint half and half 
1 palm full of basil
1 palm full of pepper
A small palm of red pepper flakes
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup Mexican cheese?? 



The chicken was left over from a couple nights before and I actually had pasta left over as well, so I just pulled those out of the fridge.  Note: this greatly reduced cook/prep time, and will be used again for leftover night! 

I started with a little bit of olive oil and some garlic for just a few minutes over a medium heat. Then added the drained Rotel and added it in. Next was the half and half. I let that start to warm and added the spices. I dumped in the cheese next. The original recipe called for 2 cups mozzarella but I only had about a cup on hand so I added in the other type of cheese to make up for it. You can't have too much cheese, right? 

Once that melted I dumped the chicken and cooked pasta into the pot and brought the whole this to a simmer, stirring occasionally. 



It was delicious!  Next time I will add either a hand full of salt or garlic salt, but overall--this one is a winner!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment